Friday, July 22, 2005

AIM Triton Beta 4

Version 0.4.7 of Triton is out. You can download from http://beta.aol.com/projects/tritonbeta/index.html. I've moved up to it and it has a number of nice tweaks from the previous beta.

JAMS 1.0 continues to work with Beta 4. However, I have noticed two issues:
* When using Colorizer, the second IM sent out in a session does not get colorized. This is because AIM Triton generates bad FONT tags (before the BODY element) in the second (and apparently only the second) outgoing IM. I will need to talk to the UI guys about that one.
* LWAway can cause Triton's UI to crash. I haven't figured it out exactly, but receiving an IM when LWAway has put the client into "away" mode seems to cause the Triton UI to tube. I suggest disabling LWAway for now until we can get this sorted out.

I'm heading off to AOL Germany next week, and will be at IETF-63 in Paris the week after that, but will be releasing JAMS 1.1 shortly (hopefully). Been pretty busy, so the only real new feature is that MyTunes now will support iTunes.

One last note - been playing around with the ATOM protocol exposed by AOL Journals. Pretty powerful stuff! I made a simple javascript that allows you to enter a screenname and dumps out all journals for that name, along with their last modified date. You can get the source here - run it from the command line like "cscript atomtest.js juberti".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys mentioned something about the API's being released earlier back. I was wondering if in the future there would be any way to record who visits your website by detecting if aim is running, and grabbing the screeenname that is signed on. so that you could see who was visiting your website.

Anonymous said...

Will the formatting a screen name feature be added to Triton in the near future, and will it work for linked screen names also? That would be cool if it did.

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit late with this, but I was wondering if you all have any plans to include social bookmarks with AIM?  This is yet another feature neither MSN Messenger or Yahoo IM currently have.  Like almost all great net-related ideas, its mainly for the geeks right now, but I suspect it will be very popular with the masses.

Just in case you've no idea what I'm talking about... http://del.icio.us/

Anonymous said...

I've played with delicious, could you explain a bit more how you think it should integrate with AIM? Might be a nice AIM plugin.

Anonymous said...

are we ever gonna see an updated mac client? at over a year and a half since last update i've jumped ship to adium...

Anonymous said...

Mmm.  Just thought I'd add, in case you have any link to the guys who are developing Triton, that the fact that every 10 seconds a new sound ad comes on advertising something is REALLY annoying.  In fact, sound ads at all are pretty much useless as they only succeed in annoying people to the point that they just want to shut off AIM, especially if they're listening to music.  Pass it on, hombre.

Anonymous said...

Hi Justin~


Can you assist me with using the download for this .I am not familiar with using any cscript , as this tells you I know NOTHING about scripts. I tried to IM you on 1 of your many screen names and the one you are currently on right now says not available . Why is that? Anyway your help is so appreciated.